Follow The Safe Mac on Twitter to stay advised of the latest Mac security news!
Published June 18th, 2012 at 12:04 PM EDT, modified February 3rd, 2014 at 5:47 PM EDT
Below are some of the news articles that have the most long-term interest. Many of these have gotten somewhat lost in the archives of my blog at this point, so I have summarized them here. I will be adding more to this page over time.
- Mac anti-virus testing 2014
- How to remove infected files
- How does your Mac NOT protect you?
- “There are no Mac viruses”
- What is Gatekeeper?
- Apple introduces two-factor authentication
- Beware of fake tech support
- Java is vulnerable… Again?!
- Mac anti-virus testing 2013
- Mac anti-virus detection rates
- Eliminating browser redirects and advertisements
- About the Flashback malware
- Do I need a firewall?
- MacDefender information
- The myth of the dirty Mac
- Recovering deleted files
- Understanding upgrade nightmares
- Missing disk space in Lion
- How to reinstall Mac OS X from scratch
- How to prepare your Mac for sale
- Hiding GMail’s “All Mail” from Apple Mail
- Scheduling recurring tasks
- Using Java in Mac OS X